I am not saying that I care for The Twilight Saga, but I am not it's target audience and I don't think the author would expect someone like me to be a fan. I am only calling my fellow authors to arms: I am telling you to put you talent where your mouth is.
This is my call to authors, dreamers and fans to submit to me your best shot at a vampire story.
From now until December 1st 2010 I will be accepting submissions for an Anthology of Vampire Stories. I believe Vampires need a little bit more bite than we are getting nowadays and I am willing to do something about it.
I will be putting together a panel of 3 judges other than myself who will each rate your story. The highest rated stories will make it into the anthology. There is a very good chance that all stories that meet grammatical restrictions will be included in an alternate eBook only version of the book.
All authors who participate will receive a copy of the eBook version and the top 5 rated contributors will receive a contributor copy of the book. All contributors, whether chosen or not, will have access to a discounted rate on the book if they want.
There is no further compensation, this is exposure only.
Submissions should be sent to email@example.com with the subject "Vampires with Bite" in the subject line.
- Attach your submission in a .doc format.
- The first page of the submission should be your Name, Email Address, Pen Name, Physical Address (for if you get a physical copy) Title of Story and Word Count.
- Please do not format or number pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12pt
- 1500-10000 words.
- Must have Vampires. Reprints of stories may be ok, prefer original work. Please contact with questions.
- Due December 1st, 2010
I am also looking for a cover artist who will receive a contributor copy. Please spread the word if you know anyone who is interested in writing/drawing.